Home School Agreement
South Devon UTC Home School Agreement
South Devon UTC will work to develop professional, respectful relationships in a pursuit of excellence. To be successful in this we believe it is vital to work closely with parents and carers and to set out clear expectation for all parties involved.
SOUTH DEVON UTC AGREES TO:
- Treat students fairly, care for them and promote their happiness in the UTC.
- Behave in a manner that upholds the vision of the UTC.
- Ensure students are well taught and achieve their best in all aspects of UTC life.
- Help students to develop a sense of responsibility and to be considerate of others.
- Provide appropriate academic guidance to enable all students to fulfil their potential and to make informed choices about each stage of their learning.
- Keep parents/carers well informed about academic progress, achievements, sanctions and general South Devon UTC matters.
- Use the parent portal effectively to provide regular communication with parents and carers.
- Notify parents/carers if their child is absent without permission.
Mr Ian Crews
THE PARENT OR CARER’S AGREEMENT
I agree to:
- Ensure my child attends South Devon UTC regularly, on time, dressed appropriately, with all the equipment that is needed.
- Notify the UTC on the first day of any absence.
- Make the UTC aware of any problems which might affect work or behaviour.
- Make the UTC aware of any medical conditions which may need specific consideration, particularly in an emergency.
- Attend parents’ consultation evenings and discussions about progress whenever possible, or arrange for telephone meetings to ensure information is effectively communicated.
- Respond promptly to UTC communications whether by letter, email or telephone call and to use the South Devon UTC app to access key documentation and information.
- Support South Devon UTC’s policies, regulations and Codes of Conduct on behaviour and use of the ICT network.
- Not to take holidays in term time except where extenuating circumstances are fully discussed with the Principal.
THE STUDENT’S AGREEMENT
I agree to:
- Attend South Devon UTC on time each day.
- Be punctual to all of my daily commitments.
- Bring the equipment and resources I need every day and look after them properly.
- Wear appropriate business dress in a tidy and presentable manner that complies with the UTC “professional dress for the workplace” policy.
- I will communicate promptly, politely and responsibly using my UTC email account
- Work hard, committing my best efforts to all of my studies.
- Behave in a professional manner that promotes the UTC’s workplace ethos.
- Be polite, considerate and understanding of others all of the time.
- Follow the Code of Conduct for the use of ICT, whether it be my own device or systems within the UTC.
- Take good care of the UTC environment.
CODE OF CONDUCT – BEHAVIOUR
We will all:
- Speak politely at all times. We will not use offensive language and will treat others with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Behave in a business-like manner at all times.
- Follow the UTC dress code at all times.
- Uphold the good reputation of South Devon UTC. I will behave in a considerate manner out of South Devon UTC, on employer partner premises and on public transport.
- Take my full part in ensuring a learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
- Arrive on time with full equipment, including a fully charged laptop/notebook, listen carefully, co-operate fully, work to the best of my individual ability, particularly when coming up against difficult problems to solve and above all else, treat all others with respect.
- Keep South Devon UTC clean and tidy so that it is a welcoming place we can all be proud of.
- Put litter in bins, keep walls and furniture clean and unmarked, take care of wall displays, return all tools to the correct storage, not chew gum and only eat in permitted areas.
- Respect my work and property and that of others, I acknowledge that I have a right to expect that of others as well.
- Maintain an awareness of health and safety and ensure my behaviour does not put myself or others at risk.
E-SAFETY CODE OF CONDUCT – USE OF THE ICT NETWORK AND PERSONAL DEVICES INCLUDING TABLETS, MOBILE PHONES AND SMART WATCHES
- I understand that I must use the South Devon UTC ICT network, electronic devices and my personal devices in a responsible and professional manner.
- I undertake that there will be no risk to my safety or the safety and security of the ICT systems or other users. This also includes the websites I access.
My own safety is important so I understand that:
- South Devon UTC will monitor my use of the ICT systems and email wherever it is accessed from; whether school computer, personal device, phone or tablet and wherever it is accessed from.
- I will treat my username and password as highly confidential, I will never share it, and neither will I ever use any other person’s username or password.
- I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it on-line.
I will act as I expect others to act towards me:
- I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission. I will not encourage others to take pictures of me that may compromise my ability to portray myself as a professional individual.
- I will not send, or forward to others, any information which I know to be offensive.
I have responsibilities when using the internet for research:
- I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work.
- Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to save copies (including music and videos) to the South Devon UTC network.
- When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF TECHNOLOGY
There may be exceptions to these rules but exceptions will only be valid if they’re given by an authorised member of staff. A breach of the AUA may lead to the same sanctions as any other breach of the rules.
- I will only use Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in College, including the Internet, e-mail, digital video and mobile technologies, for College purposes.
- I will not download or install software on College technologies.
- I will only log on to the College network, other systems and resources with my own user name and password.
- I will follow the College’s ICT security system and not reveal my passwords to anyone and change them regularly.
- I will only use my College e-mail address.
- I will make sure that all ICT communications with students, teachers or others is responsible and sensible.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes resources I access and the language I use.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my teacher.
- I will not give out any personal information such as name, phone number or address. I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a College project approved by my teacher.
- I am aware that when I take images of students and/or staff that I must only store and use these for College purposes in line with College policy and must never
- distribute these outside the College network without the permission of all parties involved. This includes College breaks and all occasions when I am in College uniform or when otherwise representing the College.
- I will ensure that my online activity, both in College and outside College, will not cause my College, the staff, students or others distress or bring the College community into disrepute, including through uploads of images, video, sounds or texts.
- I will support the College approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset any member of the College community.
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work on-line at all times.
- I will not attempt to bypass the Internet filtering system.
- I understand that all my use of the Internet and other related technologies can be monitored and logged and can be made available to my teachers.
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, College sanctions will be applied and my parent or carer may be contacted.
I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of South Devon UTC:
- I understand that if I fail to comply with this Code of Conduct for use of the ICT network, I will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action. This may include loss of access to the South Devon UTC network/internet, contact with my parents/carers, fixed term exclusions and, in the event where my activities are illegal, involvement with the police.
- I understand that South Devon UTC also has the right to take action against me if I am involved in incidents of inappropriate behaviour, that are covered in this agreement, when I am out of South Devon UTC and where they involve my membership of the UTC community, (examples would be cyber-bullying, sexting or the use of images or personal information).
Please complete the form below to show that you have read, understood and agree to the rules above. Signing of this agreement grants you appropriate access to the South Devon UTC ICT systems.
By signing, I confirm that I have read and understand the above document and agree to follow these guidelines when:
- I use the South Devon UTC ICT systems and equipment (both in and out of the UTC).
- I use my own equipment in UTC (when allowed) e.g. mobile phones, tablets, laptops or cameras.
- I use my own equipment out of South Devon UTC in a way that is related to me being a member of this UTC e.g. communicating with other members of South Devon UTC, accessing UTC email, the VLE or website.